CONFED Blog our blog
- Saad Ahmad 2012-04-27 09:57:00
We at CONFED are excited to announce the launch of our new website. This blog post will walk you through some of the features…
- Category: Universities
orthumbria University, in Newcastle upon Tyne, is an expanding multicultural learning community, with excellent links with further and higher education, industry and commerce throughout the UK, Europe and beyond. Renowned for the excellence of its teaching, as well as for preparing students for the world of work, Northumbria also provides research opportunities for professional reflective practice.
Situated in the North East of England, Northumbria has two separate campuses. The largest, city campus is situated in the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne opposite the Civic Centre and has recently been extended with the building of a £100 million+ development at City Campus East.
- Award winning IT provision and 24/7 library access during term time
- Over 92.3% of graduates in work or postgraduate education after six months (2009 figures)
- Based in Newcastle – a world class city for culture and for nightlife
- First class teaching and student support
- Lots of accredited and safe accommodation
- A top international university with opportunities to travel
- £7 million investment in the Students’ Union to transform the building
- £160 million + campus on a new site and refurbishment of existing University buildings to provide an enviable learning environment designed to meet the needs of today’s students
Newcastle is a vibrant, youthful and modern city and its residents (known as Geordies) are known for being amongst the friendliest and most welcoming in the UK. Newcastle is a city known for its buzz-music, sports, nightlife and culture. Newcastle is officially England greenest city and has won praise for its green spaces, public transport, urban regeneration, and recycling schemes.
In recent years, Newcastle has seen unprecedented growth and regeneration with £170 million invested in the city’s Eldon Square shopping area alone. Newcastle is regularly voted the nation’s ‘Favorite English City-Break Destination’ and the Readers Digest has voted Newcastle ‘Britain’s Friendliest City’.
Newcastle has been voted the 8th Top City for Night Life… in the world! There’s a plethora of pubs, bars, bistros, restaurants and clubs. And of course just over the Tyne in Gateshead, there’s the Metro Centre, one of Europe’s largest and most impressive shopping malls and leisure complexes.
Northumbria University has always been one of the most ambitious and successful UK universities for sport and in summer 2010 opened the doors to Sport Central, a £30 million state-of-the-art sports facility.